Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Time passing...

Wow, it has been almost over a year since I last blogged. I will have to add this to at least a weekly thing to do. Not that I have a huge fan base but I can't ever get one if I don't blog at all :) 

I hope this blog finds everyone well and enjoying the changing of seasons. I however am not looking forward to what arrives in Wisconsin after fall. I love all the colors of fall and of course all the yummy treats associated with fall. Fresh apples, pumpkins, the final harvest from the garden. While these are all wonderful and refreshing to enjoy after the warmth of summer, its the cold of winter I dread most. One would think the snow would be my issue but its the freezing winds and low, low temps I dislike the most. But being from Wisconsin I think we Wisconsinites adjust quickly from 80 degrees one day to 35 degrees the next, lol.

This fall we have traveled to the somewhat local orchard, some 50 miles away in the thriving area called Merrill, WI. We had the delights of visiting Helene's Hilltop Orchards. It was a very family friendly area where my toddler enjoyed a cow train (not literally a cow train, but 55 gallon plastic barrels painted to look like cows pulled behind a tractor), a hay ride, a corn maze and a play area complete with old farm equipment to climb on. It was a windy day and the temps were in the low 50s but it was still fun.

Helene's Hilltop Orchard


The Cow Train

Playing in the corn.

Just funny...
Well until next time, stay warm and enjoy fall. 
God bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment