Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Memorial Day visits

Today, my great Uncle Norm is coming to visit for his annual Memorial Day visit. It is a day of the year that I look forward to. My uncle is in his early 80's and life is starting to take a hold of him. I enjoy spending time with him, he reminds me of my grandpa who passed away in January of '99. He comes for just a few hours but most of it is spent laughing and talking about the "good ole days."  Though he is getting older, he still has his memory and I throughly enjoy picking it. I love to hear about history and the best kept secrets are from the men who were actually there and lived it. So hearing about their experiences is something I take full advantage of!

2 comments:

  1. First off ~ let me say ... WELCOME to blogland!! You'll love it.

    Now ~ that visitor you have coming, Uncle Norm, have a great time with him. Pick his brain and listen to those stories; because the day will come when he's gone and you'll wish you had. So many times I wish I had done more visiting with the Great Aunts & Uncles and Grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the fun land of blogging. You will get the hang of it in no time. The boys will love that you have the fish to feed. I fed them for you already.
    Mel is right about Uncle Norm. I often had wished I had recorded every word of the 'good ol'days' that Grams B talked about and the history she experienced. Enjoy your visit.
    Have fun with your new venture and
    BlessYourHearts

    ReplyDelete