Saturday, October 15, 2011

Winds of Change

Sometimes, I think we find ourselves wondering what it would be like if this or that were to change in our lives, but then when a change happens we find ourselves yearning for the past. What is comforting, reliable and what makes us feel safe. These times are so full of uncertainty for everyone. Each country is facing tough choices, families are daily losing jobs, homes and ways to provide for even the basic necessities. Then something happens that will directly affect the rest of your own future and all you can think about it a time when things felt certain, safe and comforting.

I often find myself yearning for the years of my childhood when times become rough. I think of my carefree days of summer play, and endless days (or so it seemed.) I remember childhood friendships that you thought would never end, the first camp out of summer or even the first bike crash of summer that you knew was certain to happen again. I often laugh when I recall these days and all of the endless fun we shared. Nothing is more comforting to me than to remember those days, they feed my soul and remind me that even though the night seems ongoing now, that the light will shine again and God's plan does have a purpose. Though this purpose is not noticeable now, it will be in due time and then I will reflect on this time of my life and know that this was all in His plan.

So if you too find yourself at a crossroad in your life, remember to just hang on and it will all be the way it is meant to be.

Good night dear friends and may your night be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment